Sealevel Systems, Inc. is a mature computer hardware manufacturer providing serial and digital connectivity solutions to other businesses since 1986. The company is seeking an Applications Engineer to work within the Company’s Sales and Customer Support departments.
Strong computer knowledge and communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential for the successful candidate. The Applications Engineer will consult with customers prior to purchase to determine the correct solution for their requirements. Post purchase, the Application Engineer will assist customers with product installation, troubleshooting, and repair as required.
Proper documentation of communication using the company’s CRM system and other software applications is required to create a record of issues and resolutions. In addition to supporting customers, this position is responsible for assisting with in-house testing of new products and software to guarantee proper operation prior to release for sale.
Visit www.sealevel.com for more insight into the company.
The position will report to the Sr VP Sales
The objective of the compensation structure is to attract an individual who is resourceful and expects to excel in this position.
- Base Salary commensurate with experience and earnings history.
Objectives & Responsibilities
Objectives & Responsibilities
The company’s objectives are to grow through penetration of new markets and capture of market share in current markets. Successful, professional technical support is an essential requirement to achieve these objectives. The primary objectives of the Application Engineer are to:
- Communicate with prospects and customers via telephone and email to answer questions and troubleshoot problems related to hardware and/or software
- Create an event record in the company’s CRM database and Customer Issue Tracker database
- Authorize customers to return items for warranty or non-warranty repair
- Work with Research and Development Engineering to perform functional performance testing and publish test results for new products and software before release for sale
- Support the Sales department by acting as an internal technical resource
- Bachelor’s degree, or Associate degree and 2 years experience
- Experience with PC hardware and Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with using serial communications and digital I/O adapters is a plus
- Computer programing experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an EOE. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067