Sealevel Systems, Inc., is an industrial I/O design and manufacturing company, providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with IoT, industrial I/O interfaces, and cutting-edge industrial computers. The company is expanding into IoT rapidly and is seeking an Azure Cloud Engineer.
- Base Salary – negotiable
The person we are seeking will need to identify and exploit opportunities in our growing Azure IoT cloud environment. This person must communicate well within the software team and take accountability for the outcomes of their projects. They need to be open to new methods, constantly improving existing IoT infrastructure, and challenging themselves to bring the company forward.
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Be highly trainable
- Be comfortable and operate in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to take a high-level goal and break it down into measurable results
- Be driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Be interested in collaborative environments
- Enjoy having ownership of your work
- Always seek more knowledge to improve
Objectives & Responsibilities
The Azure Cloud Engineer’s primary responsibility will be maintaining and developing the Sealevel IoT Management infrastructure. They will integrate multiple virtual machines, storage accounts, K8s services running docker containers and scaling, IoT Hubs and more to maximize the cloud utilities for our growing IoT population. They need to be proficient in PowerShell, and CLI tools for Azure, Rancher and Kubernetes. Additionally, the Azure Cloud Engineer will maintain any other cloud-based applications residing in Azure as needed.
The following are responsibilities that will be required of the Azure Cloud Engineer on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain and provide technical support for Sealevel Cloud infrastructure
- Be an active member of the Sealevel IoT computing team
- Continually improve the efficiency of Sealevel Cloud infrastructure
- Design and code applications to support IoT device management
- Maintain the k8s clusters for max availability
- Pursue a deep, practical understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Deploy Docker containers and support staff with new deployments
The ideal candidate will possess some combination of the following skills:
- Microsoft Azure certifications
- Azure IoT Hub management
- Experience with PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, and AWS
- Proficiency in researching and evaluating IT solutions
- Experience with SSL, IP forwarding, Caddy, MQTT
*Candidate must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident, legally authorized to work in the US.
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067