Sealevel Systems, Inc., is an industrial I/O design and manufacturing company, providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with IoT, industrial I/O interfaces, and cutting-edge industrial computers.
The company is seeking a Buyer that will be responsible for procuring, expediting and confirming materials required for daily production. Additionally, the Buyer is responsible for reviewing reports and providing dates to our Master Planner. The position requires 3-5 years of general purchasing experience and knowledge of electronic components would be beneficial.
The position will report to the Procurement Manager.
The objective of the compensation structure is to attract an individual who is detailed oriented and interested in a challenging opportunity with a growing company.
- Base Salary – Commensurate with experience and earnings history
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills; a professional yet easygoing writing style and an excellent command of grammar and punctuation
- Must be accurate with data entry
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to positively interact with sales representatives and vendors, both in person and via the phone
- Have the flexibility to adapt to business conditions to achieve corporate goals and meet customer demands
- Work effectively in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Be able to communicate clearly with other departments within the organization
- Work successfully as a team player
- Possess strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
Objectives & Responsibilities
The company’s objectives are to maintain historical growth rates and profitability increases. For the company to achieve these objectives, the Buyer assures inventory items are ordered and received as scheduled and that vendor purchase orders are entered promptly and accurately.
The primary responsibilities of the Buyer position are:
- Maintain overall knowledge of entire Purchasing cycle and process
- Order and expedite purchased materials as assigned by the Procurement Manager
- Furnish lead time information for Sales and Production
- Take responsibility of our internal process for corrective action for defective or unacceptable goods received
- Follow up with vendor related to returns until resolved with replacement items or credit memo
- Maintain open purchase orders and purchasing files as well as proper approvals
- Help resolve internal receiving issues for prompt resolution
- Attend planning meetings to provide updates to Production with regards to meeting customer required dates or prompt notification of any material delays
- Occasionally, as required, greet visitors and assign guest badges as well as answer general phone calls
- Perform all other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Purchasing environment and with the Planning/Production process. Preferably, they will have knowledge of electronic components.
Additionally, they should possess:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- A polite, professional demeanor
- 3-5 years data entry/office experience, purchasing preferred
- PC skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with SBT or MRP type software is a plus
- Flexibility to perform various tasks, as well as a quick learning aptitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067