Sealevel Systems, Inc., is an industrial I/O design and manufacturing company, providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with IoT, industrial I/O interfaces, and cutting-edge industrial computers.
The company is seeking a Communications Specialist to assist the Director of Marketing with all external and internal messaging with research, writing, development, creative, strategy and implementation of content across media to advance Sealevel’s industry credibility, the company’s brand integrity and internal community objectives.
This position will:
- Perform and assist in research, writing and editing duties
- Prepare internal and external communications along with collateral creative and/or technical materials
- Interface with the marketing team and other departments
- Fill integral roles within the marketing department to serve department goals
- Include professional learning opportunities within marketing management and business operations
The position will report to the Director of Marketing.
The objective of the compensation structure is to attract an individual who is detailed oriented and interested in expanding their existing skill set.
- Base Salary – Commensurate with experience and earnings history
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Educated in – or interested in quickly learning – electronic and technological information
- Must effectively multitask small tasks and large efforts
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Must be confident in communicating with varied levels, departments and personalities
- Strong interpersonal skills with extraverted abilities and empathic engagement
- Adaptable to different media, channels and occasions
- Cooperative and able to coordinate and include voices across the organization
- Energetic and open to multiple and unexpected responsibilities
- Driven and results-oriented with a positive, flexible outlook
Objectives & Responsibilities
The marketing department’s objectives support two key company goals: successive profitability and increasing growth through an engaged and trusting client-partner base; additionally, building a strong workplace community and culture that boosts work-life happiness that ensures satisfied, productive employees.
To assist in the former, the communications specialist must:
- Support corporate newsletter by gathering information as well as preparing and editing digital, front-facing content articles such as blogs, interviews and white papers
- Complete all research and writing tasks, as assigned or initiated, with clear analysis of audience and purpose
- Amplify and manage the Sealevel Systems “brand voice” on social media channels using Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Participate in sales conference planning and logistics
In support of the latter, the communications specialist must:
- Coordinate and execute internal communications, primarily through a regular, creative company eNewsletter, to breaks down internal silos and build a sense of trust
- Grasp the community culture and bolster it with event planning, community-oriented campaigns and “surprise and delight” moments
- Represent the positive company aspects to outside community members, clients and other third partiesThe above describe the general job requirements. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties required; other assignments will occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in English, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Engaging and professional interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks and incorporate unexpected projects
- Superior organizational and planning skills, with the ability to follow project through to completion while meeting quality and time expectations
- Familiar with marketing automation software; ie, Pardot, Salesforce, Meltwater, Sprout Social.
- Familiar with or fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, including Spark, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Educational background in, or experience involved in, science, engineering or other technical industries and fields
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an EOE. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067