Sealevel Systems, Inc based in Liberty, SC (Greenville Metro Area) is an industrial I/O design engineering and manufacturing company providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with industrial I/O interfaces (IoT) and cutting-edge industrial computers.
To complement our growth, we are looking for an experienced Engineering Leader who will be responsible for leading a technical engineering function of 20 staff composed of hardware and software engineers and support staff in the design to manufacture and support of next generation Sealevel products. This also includes the maintenance, updating, and support of the legacy product line. You will lead every aspect of the Product Life Cycle for a single product or family of products. Additionally, you will be tasked to lead the Information Technology Function providing IT support service to the employees of Sealevel.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and schedule the entire product development process
- Coordinate the product development cycle with the design team and Sealevel Systems Marketing Department. This may include helping to determine the product’s features, functionality, interface design, and ensuring compatibility with other products.
- Encourage engineers to evaluate competitor products in the beginning of the product life cycle.
- Prepare or coordinate costing proposals (based on targeted price as furnished by the marketing department), white papers, and technical specifications.
- Oversee the preparation of technical manuals for products.
- Guarantee the technical health of the product.
- Perform an on-going win/loss analysis to better understand the features that are required for improved sales success.
- State and defend product requirements.
- Lead development managers to define the contents and delivery of a product release.
- Lead software and hardware engineers, and technical support organizations of Sealevel Systems to ensure products are properly defined, priorities are clearly stated, and that the product launches on time.
- Coordinate the training of new products for the internal sales staff.
- Maintain Request for Service (RFS) logs and work on speedy resolutions of the same.
- Ensure Engineering (software, hardware, and technical support) is diligently striving to keep customers happy and informed.
- Provide IT Support Services to the Sealevel facility and employees.
- Report to management on a weekly basis on the status of all projects and pending technical support issues.
- Perform any other work-related duties that may be assigned.
- Quote Projects (Internal / External)
- Approve project quotes from Engineers
- Select candidates to fill open Engineering Positions
- Negotiate contracts
- Sign Non-Disclosures
- Authorize purchase of parts for project prototypes
- Authorize purchase of product development test equipment
- Authorize products to move from prototype to production
- Authorize the release of product manuals to production
- Approve IT infrastructure expenditures
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related fields. Prefer a BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- A proven background in the design of electronic hardware devices and embedded software.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience leading technical hardware and software design teams.
- Experience managing the full product life cycle of electronic products, from product inception, design, through manufacturing, and technical support of new and legacy products.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills with a strong business acumen capable of interfacing effectively with the leadership community in Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support, Supply Chain, and Finance.
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an EOE. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067