The Document Control Manager is responsible for coordinating, initiating and scheduling all functions associated with the Engineering Change Order System and the D&A process control for all associated documents and product information throughout products lifecycles. These tasks include but are not limited to: Engineering release process, oversight of Bill of Material (BOM) configurations, engineering changes, supporting documents, and general application of engineering type functions. The Documentation Control Manager will report to the Director of Engineering.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Administers the Engineering change system including ECR submission, ECR review and approval, ECO generation, tracking, distribution of documents, and the issuance / control of Engineering non-conformance.
- Create, maintain and release BOM structure of products, including primary product, sub-assemblies, top level sellable kits and spare parts.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing on ISO audits to ensure engineering is fully compliant with the regulations and ISO process. Resolve any non-conformances and findings found during audits.
- Solely responsible for the Documentation and Engineering functions to establish pass-thru products (products manufactured by other OEMs and sold by Sealevel Systems).
- Implements and Reports on ECO backlog, aging, and cycle time, including part status changes within the MRP system, including ECO, PHASEOUT, HOLD and SHIP HOLDs.
- Manages the obsolescence process by working with Procurement, Manufacturing and Engineering to implement Engineering change requests and manages project schedule to drive the implementation of the design changes for obsolete components and parts.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Program Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality and other supporting functional departments to structure new products and document product changes as required.
- Data Entry into the PDexpert system, including new part number, cross reference information, BOMs, and ECO and change history along with cross referencing into SPT.
- Supervises the creation and updating of Engineering Documents, including piece part drawings, assembly drawings, assembly & test procedures to ensure compliance to the design standards.
- Controls and maintains Paper/Electronic Engineering Document structure ensuring the security of Sealevel Systems documentation and proprietary information at all times.
- Ensures that released documents created by Engineering are current and accurate for their intended purpose and the data integrity between systems is maintained per the Company Operating Procedures/ISO guidelines.
- Maintains and trains the engineering team on Altium and solidworks drawing standards and verifies compliance of the team.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
- Organized, accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Capable to cross-functionally train document control group, schedule and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Flexible within a dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and reprioritize as needed.
- Reliable to follow-up and follow-through as required.
- Critical Thinker with analytical approach to problem solving using data.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 to apply within documentation control functions.
- Knowledge of BOM Structure including multi-level hierarchy and standard types of Change Orders (ECR, ECN, Deviation and Inventory Purge).
- Ability in solving problems, demonstrating good judgment in identifying methods and techniques for obtaining solutions using data.
- Ability in prioritizing works, coordinating tasks, and self-motivation Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years work experience in design, drafting, and engineering documentation.
Associate Degree in related field preferred.
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an EOE. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067