Sealevel Systems, Inc., is an industrial I/O design and manufacturing company, providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with IoT, industrial I/O interfaces, and cutting-edge industrial computers. The company is expanding into IoT rapidly and is seeking an entry-level Embedded IoT Developer I.
- Base Salary – negotiable
The person we are seeking will work in the Embedded IoT Group to develop the next generation of Sealevel IoT products. This person must communicate well within the software team and take accountability for the outcomes of their projects. They need to be open to new methods, constantly improving existing IoT infrastructure, and challenging themselves to bring the company forward.
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be highly trainable
- Be comfortable and operate in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to take a high-level goal and break it down into measurable results
- Be driven and results oriented with a positive outlook
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Be interested in collaborative environments
- Enjoy having ownership of your work
- Always seek more knowledge to improve
Objectives & Responsibilities
The Embedded IoT Developer I will be expanding Sealevel’s IoT product offering, while supporting fielded devices and providing world-class customer support. They will be responsible for developing new embedded firmware features, investigating firmware issues, performing software maintenance on fielded devices, and the integration and testing of pre-release firmware for our growing IoT population, all under the guidance of the IoT Group Lead. They will need to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks at once and to be motivated to learn new skills and technology.
The following are responsibilities that will be required of the Embedded IoT Developer I on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop new embedded firmware features under the guidance of the IoT Group Lead
- Investigate issues with fielded devices and improve device firmware as required
- Work with the Azure Cloud Engineer to develop a suite of device management tools
- Perform and monitor over-the-air remote firmware updates for fielded IoT devices
- Assist the Technical Support department with resolving customer and device issues
The ideal candidate will possess some combination of the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience with C and C++ programming languages
- Embedded software development in C and C++
- Experience with REST API, C#, .NET Core and Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft’s Azure IoT Hub
*Candidate must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident, legally authorized to work in the US.
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067