Sealevel Systems, Inc is a mature communications hardware manufacturer, providing serial and digital communications solutions across a wide array of computing platforms to customers since 1986. The company is seeking a Mechanical Designer.
This role requires a detailed and organized individual that is capable of evaluating design alternatives and providing a recommendation based on data at hand and risk assessment. The successful candidate should be able to communicate effectively within the manufacturing and engineering departments and must work with great detail and a sense of urgency.
The position will report to the Vice President of Engineering
The objective of the compensation structure is to attract an individual who is interested in growing with a company that can offer an opportunity to learn about new technology
• Base Salary
The person we are seeking will:
• Be organized and detail oriented
• Be comfortable and able to operate in a rapidly growing environment.
• Have demonstrated experience with CAD design
• Be well versed in the scientific method
• Competent at reading electrical schematics
• Be able to effectively communicate and have strong interpersonal skills
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Have the flexibility to adapt to business conditions to achieve corporate goals and meet customer demand
• Have the proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Have a can-do attitude and show interest in learning more about technology
• Be driven and results oriented with a positive outlook
Objectives & Responsibilities
The role of the Mechanical Designer is primarily that of supporting the Engineering staff. The primary objectives of the Mechanical Designer are to:
• Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications.
• Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
• Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
• Work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
• Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
• Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs.
• Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
• Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
• Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff.
• Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements.
• Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
• Assist team in CAD drawing and designing tasks.
• Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in CAD Design of electronic enclosures and experience with CAD equipment and mechanical design. Additionally, they should possess:
• Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, AA and/or Vocational CAD training
• 2+ years progressive experience in CAD equipment and mechanical design with SolidWorks expertise preferred
• Ability to utilize current industry standard techniques and maintain a working knowledge ANSI/ASME drafting standards and procedures
• Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts and the fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067