Sealevel Systems, Inc. is an industrial I/O design and manufacturing company providing customizable and interoperable I/O solutions to customers since 1986. Our story began with serial communication innovations and continues with industrial I/O interfaces (IoT), and cutting-edge industrial computers.
To complement our growth, we are seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to work in the Embedded IoT Group to design the next generation of products, including:
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Gateways, Edge Computers, and Devices
- Analog and Digital I/O and sensors
- Async and Sync Serial interfaces
- USB interfaces
- PCIe / PCI interfaces
- Industrial Ethernet interfaces
In addition to designing next generation products, the qualified candidate will also work on existing products to improve reliability, reduce maintenance costs, and address component obsolescence.
Key Work Attributes
The qualified candidate will have the following key work attributes:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable and able to operate in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to take a high-level goal and break it down into measurable results
- Driven and results oriented with a positive outlook
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
- Enjoy having ownership of their work
- Always seeking more knowledge to improve and learn
Objectives & Responsibilities
The Senior Hardware Engineer will be expanding Sealevel’s product offerings while supporting fielded devices and providing world-class customer support. They will be responsible for developing new FPGA and CPLD designs, including System on Chip (SoC) FPGA designs with both hard and soft processors. Additionally, they will be evaluating and using third party IP, proper use and applications for FPGA architectures in PCB design along with (or in place of) MCUs and application specific ICs. They must be able to take an FPGA design from concept to the lab, including all phases of the development cycle: requirements, simulation, RTL, constraints, synthesis, place-and-route, static timing, analysis, netlist generation, programming, and integration and test.
- Complete entire life cycle of programs, including new business capture, preliminary and detail design, fabrication, integration/ test, manufacturing, and customer support.
- Assist in defining system requirements and architectures, to include preparing bids and proposals, plan and lead projects utilizing cross-functional teams.
- Participation in peer reviews of schematics, mechanical packaging, and standards compliance.
- Develop FPGA/CPLD-based designs (requirements, HDL, testbench, sim, syn, PAR, STA, lab debug, HW/SW I&T).
- Lead printed circuit board (PCB) designs, analysis, documentation, and parts lists creation.
- Provide direction to manufacturing in the assembly of first PCB assemblies.
- Test and debug first assemblies, integrate and test with embedded software or in sub-systems.
- Assistance in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility issues.
- Address production issues, including parts procurement, assembly, and electrical performance.
- Ownership of new revisions of existing products.
- Participation in continuous product development process improvement.
- Assist the Technical Support Department with resolving customer and product issues.
The qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in FPGA design.
- 5+ years’ experience in PCB schematic design.
- Proficiency with Intel PSG (Altera), Lattice, Xilinx, and Microchip (Actel) FPGA development tools and methods.
- Background with digital design architectures employing FPGA, CPLD, MCU, MPU, and dedicated IC technologies.
- Managing budgets and schedules.
- Project engineering and/or program management.
- Designing PCIe, USB, and/or Ethernet interface products.
- Experience with analog circuit design and sensors.
- VHDL strongly preferred with familiarity with Verilog.
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067