Sealevel Systems, Inc is a mature communications hardware manufacturer, providing serial and digital communications solutions across a wide array of computing platforms to customers since 1986. The company is experiencing 15-30% annual growth and is seeking a software engineer to extend and support its line of products.
The company is seeking a software engineer to work on a variety of software development tasks that add value to our line of hardware products. Our work is very hardware focused and technically engaging. You will be involved with every aspect of the Software Development Life Cycle. We have many new designs and next generation projects which will challenge you to apply your skills with the following technologies:
- Single Board Computers (SBCs) running Windows Embedded and Linux
- OS kernels modified to run on custom boards
- Microprocessor and microcontroller programming
- GUIs for command & control applications
- Device drivers for Windows, Windows Embedded, and Linux
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our staff which develops asynchronous and synchronous serial communication hardware, industrial computers, analog and digital IO hardware, and related systems for a wide range of customers, working independently and as part of small development teams.
Software engineers typically team with our electrical engineers. Our engineers usually work on two or more projects at once and are responsible for all relevant software artifacts, including requirements and design documentation. As many of our tasks are short-term, engineers are continually exposed to new technologies and have opportunities to expand into other areas of interest.
Visit www.sealevel.com for more insight into the company.
The person we are seeking will:
· Be organized and detail oriented
· Be comfortable and able to operate in a rapidly growing environment
· Be able to react to changes and handle requests from different sources (multi-task)
· Must possess strong skills in the areas of application design, solid API design principles and have a strong understanding of customer issues
· Strong computer hardware/operating systems troubleshooting skills, including Unix/Linux, is required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
· Detailed knowledge of object-oriented programming, development best practices, and software business fundamentals
The Ideal Candidate will:
- · Have the flexibility to adapt to business conditions to achieve corporate goals and meet customer demand
- · Possess the ability to interact with other departments within organization, to ensure that internal customer demands are met
- · Be able to take a high level goal and break it down into measurable results
- · Be driven and results oriented with a positive outlook
- · Have strong problem-solving skills
- · Interest in collaborative environments and software development methodology and process
Objectives & Responsibilities
Objectives and Responsibilities
The company’s objectives are to maintain historical growth rates and profitability increases, despite market conditions. This can be attained through the continued development and support of new product offerings that are considered the best in the industry. The creation and design of new innovated product offerings within a wide market mix will allow the company to continue its success. Successfully creating and maintaining software offerings and support can only increase the quality of our products and provide our customers with the best products in the industry. The primary responsibilities of the software engineer are:
- Development of software systems of varying degrees of complexity.
- Development in engineering specifications in support of assigned tasks.
- Participation in the organization of major phases of complex projects.
- Analysis of system functional requirements.
- Assistance in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility issues.
- Creation of sample code to support product line.
- Technical support and training to other departmental groups.
- Ownership of new versions and iterations of existing software products.
- Assist in the design of tools to allow efficient build, test, and release of software developed in C/C++, C#, and .Net components.
The ideal candidate will have experience in software development. They should also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent work experience in related field.
- 3+ years experience with any combination of C/C++, or C# programming languages.
- Embedded software experience development in C/C++.
- Experience with Windows application development, graphical user interface implementation, and software installation.
- US citizen or green card holder.
- Experience designing various bus and control interfaces.
- Experience with software installation packages such as Wise, InstallShield and/or MSI (Microsoft Installer) is highly desired.
- Experience with UML
- Knowledge of CMMI, PSP, TSP or other software processes.
- IEEE Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
Job Type: Full-time
Sealevel offers an array of employee benefits to address our employees’ health and wellness needs, long-term savings goals, and much more.
Health and Well Being
- Long-Term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Flex Spending
- Credit Union Membership
- 3 Weeks PTO to Start
- 10 Holidays (Including your birthday!)
- Corporate Sponsored Events
Sealevel Systems is conveniently located in Liberty, SC, a short drive from Greenville and Clemson. Our 45,000 square foot facility sits on almost twenty acres of land. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and is an EOE. Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to:
Sealevel Systems, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 830
Liberty, SC 29657
Fax: (864) 843-3067