Technology has a way of appearing in every aspect of our lives, including our personal health. Jawbone is widely known for their UP24 fitness tracker band, which tracks your activity and sleep patterns. With fitness and health becoming a strong topic of conversation in today’s world, they have responded with the Jawbone UP3 — the “world’s most advanced tracker.”
This small, sleek band can now monitor not only your activity and sleep patterns, but also uses Heart Health Sensors to measure you resting heart rate, which is a big indicator of your overall health. When you sync your band to the UP app (available free in the iTunes App Store and Google Play store), you get a high-level view of your health. You are also able to set goals, track your activity and nutrition, use the Smart Coach to stay motivated, and connect with family and friends.
Why we love it:
- A battery life of one week
- The Advanced Activity feature learns your activities, like running, and automatically logs them to give you a better idea of the calories you burn
- Sensors track your sleep patterns, then the Smart Coach gives you tips to maximize your sleep, leaving you more refreshed and energetic the next day
- The built in accelerometer counts your steps throughout the day
- The Idle Alert reminds you to get moving when you have been inactive for too long
Staying healthy has never been so easy. I have used other products that offer only a few of the features of the Jawbone UP3, or have a much shorter battery life, which makes it harder to wear continuously. Having a detailed log of your habits and activities makes it easier to fill in the gaps or improve the areas that you need to work on.
What gadgets do you use to improve your life or health? Follow us on Twitter and let us know!