C1D2 Computing for Thermal Energy Management
Sealevel partners with a customer that specializes in the design and manufacture of heat tracing and leak detection equipment for industrial, commercial, and residential applications. The company’s main focuses are the petrochemical and oil & gas industries, but they make products for a wide array of commercial and residential heat tracing applications as well. Sealevel has designed and manufactured multiple generations of rugged touchscreens for the customer that meet the extreme requirements for hazardous location certification, IP protection, impact resistance, and wide operating temperature range.
This custom computing system is now available as a standard product from Sealevel: the HazPAC° 10 Rugged Panel PC.
Sealevel’s engineering team overcame the thermal challenge by designing a COM Express-based HMI capable of operation between -40°C and +60°C without heaters or fans. The system includes a machined front bezel that maintains NEMA 4/IP64 standards for protection from liquids. Designed for Windows 10® IoT Embedded, and fully supported in Linux® as well, the system delivers powerful Intel® processing combined with a bright, LCD, five-wire resistive touchscreen. The touchscreen integrates a glass surface that is waterproof, and impervious to flames, chemicals, solvents, and stylus use for maximum abrasion and scratch resistance.
- COM Express Architecture
- Certified by ATEX, IECEx, and for Class I, Division 2 (Groups A, B, C, D, T4)
- Intel Atom E3845 quad-core processor
- Designed for Windows 10® IoT Embedded with full support for Linux®
- Durable 5-wire glass resistive touchscreen interface
- (2) Isolated 2-wire RS-422/485 ports
- (2) Non-isolated 3-wire RS-232 ports
- (3) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- (4) USB 2.0 ports
- (4) Open collector digital outputs
- -40°C to +60°C operating temperature range