Sealevel’s Latest SeaI/O Isolated, Dry Contact Input Module Supports PoEFebruary 18, 2016
- Includes 32 optically isolated, dry contact inputs
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet Modbus TCP host interface
- PoE version transfers power and data over single CAT5 cable, eliminating need for external power supply
- Field wiring is simplified via removable 3.5 mm screw terminal blocks
- Status indicator LEDs for Communication, Fault, and Power
- Supports input power via terminal block or modular connector
- Optional DIN rail or table mount
- Daisy chain up to 246 modules
- Sealevel SeaMAX software supports Windows and Linux operating systems
Sealevel Systems, Inc. has added two new modules to the popular SeaI/O data acquisition family. Control and monitor 32 isolated, dry contact inputs via any 10/100BaseT Ethernet connection with the SeaI/O-580E and SeaI/O-580PoE I/O modules. The inputs detect a contact closure between two externally wired field contact points. The dry contact (no-voltage) inputs are ideal for monitoring applications such as alarm contacts, HVAC controls, demux boards, sensing relay contacts, and other control system inputs. Field wiring is simplified since no external power is required to trigger the inputs.
The SeaI/O-580E is powered from your 9-30VDC source, or select from a variety of Sealevel power supply options. The SeaI/O-580PoE has all the features of our 580E module and is a Class 0 (IEEE 802.3af-2003) Power over Ethernet device. Power and data are transferred over a single CAT5 cable, which completely eliminates the need for externally powering the module or I/O.
Communicate with SeaI/O modules using industry-standard Modbus protocol or use the Sealevel SeaMAX API software libraries from your application program. Sealevel’s SeaMAX software drivers and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. The Sealevel Modbus Connect app for iOS allows you to access the registers, coils and discrete I/O of your Sealevel Modbus devices and is available on the iTunes App Store.
Multiple units of any I/O type can be easily daisy-chained together using convenient pass-through connectors. This expansion capability enables a distributed network of up to 246 SeaI/O modules to be controlled from a single host connection. Sealevel has an I/O solution — see the full line of SeaI/O data acquisition modules on the Sealevel website.
- Case Studies
- Quickstart Guides
- Press Releases
- White Papers