- Two serial ports configurable for RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 interface
- Electrical interface selection via on-board DIP switch with Windows device driver override
- Software selectable 250K Slew Rate Limiting to minimize electromagnetic interference
- Ultra high-speed UART with 256-byte Tx and Rx FIFOs
- Supports asynchronous data rates exceeding 1 Mbps
- Bus-derived 125 MHz BRG and clock prescalar support wide range of baud rates
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable for Windows applications
- PCI Express X1 compliant
- Compatible with low profile PCI Express slots (standard profile slots with optional bracket)
- All modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Includes 36” cable that terminates to two DB9M connectors
Sealevel’s best-selling dual-port multi-interface PCI Express serial adapter has been enhanced with the release of the 7205ec. This new board features an ultra high-speed UART, flexible clock prescalar, and larger 256-byte Tx/Rx FIFOs that allow the adapter to support the widest range of standard and non-standard baud rates exceeding 1 Mbps. These improvements make the 7205ec ideal for data intensive applications that require reliable, ultra-fast throughput rates.
The electrical interface, echo suppression and line termination continue to be set via convenient on-board DIP switches. Optionally, these settings can now be overridden by the Windows device driver. Another addition to the Windows driver is the software-selectable Slew Rate Limiting feature that minimizes electromagnetic interference when the serial ports operate at baud rates below 250K bps. For rapid troubleshooting, on-board LEDs have been added to display the board heartbeat, confirm electrical interface selection and line termination state.
The 7205ec is a form, fit and function replacement for the 7205e; existing customers of the 7205e simply need to update to the latest 7205ec software driver to ensure their application will continue to operate as expected. The 7205ec is a PCI Express X1 board compatible with any low profile PCI Express slot. Low volume price is $259 and the board is available from stock.