Sealevel’s New Dual-Port Multi-Interface PCI Express Serial Adapter Offers Highest Data RatesApril 18, 2016
- Two serial ports configurable for RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 interface
- Electrical interface selection via onboard DIP switch with Windows device driver override
- Software selectable 250K Slew Rate Limiting to minimize electromagnetic interference
- Ultra-high-speed UART with 256-byte Tx and Rx FIFOs
- Supports asynchronous data rates exceeding 1 Mbps
- Bus-derived 125 MHz BRG and clock prescalar support wide range of baud rates
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable for Windows applications
- PCI Express X1 compliant
- Compatible with low profile PCI Express slots (standard profile slots with optional bracket)
- All modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Includes 36” cable that terminates to two DB9M connectors
Sealevel’s best-selling dual-port multi-interface PCI Express serial adapter has been enhanced with the release of the 7205ec. This new board features an ultra high-speed UART, flexible clock prescalar, and larger 256-byte Tx/Rx FIFOs that allow the adapter to support the widest range of standard and non-standard baud rates exceeding 1 Mbps. These improvements make the 7205ec ideal for data-intensive applications that require reliable, ultra-fast throughput rates.
The electrical interface, echo suppression, and line termination continue to be set via convenient on-board DIP switches. Optionally, these settings can now be overridden by the Windows device driver. Another addition to the Windows driver is the software-selectable Slew Rate Limiting feature that minimizes electromagnetic interference when the serial ports operate at baud rates below 250K bps. For rapid troubleshooting, onboard LEDs have been added to display the board heartbeat, confirm electrical interface selection and line termination state.
The 7205ec is a “form, fit and function replacement” for the 7205e; existing customers of the 7205e simply need to update to the latest 7205ec software driver to ensure their application will continue to operate as expected. The 7205ec is a PCI Express X1 board compatible with any low profile PCI Express slot.
- Case Studies
- Quickstart Guides
- Press Releases
- White Papers