Sealevel’s New Multi-Interface PCI Express Serial Adapter Offers High Data RatesNovember 11, 2015
- One serial port configurable for RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 or RS-530 interface
- Electrical interface selection via onboard DIP switch with software override
- Software selectable 250K Slew Rate Limiting to minimize electromagnetic interference
- Ultra-high-speed UART with 256-byte Tx and Rx FIFOs
- Supports asynchronous data rates exceeding 921.6K bps
- Bus-derived 125 MHz BRG and clock prescalar support wide range of baud rates
- Automatic RS-485 enable/disable
- PCI Express X1 compliant
- Compatible with low profile PCI Express slots (standard profile slots with optional bracket)
- All modem control signals implemented in RS-232 mode
- Board includes one DB25M connector
Sealevel Systems, Inc. has released the 7106e low-profile PCI Express serial interface offering a single serial port configurable for RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 or RS-530. The ultra-high-speed UART, flexible clock prescalar, and large 256-byte Tx/Rx FIFOs allow the adapter to support the widest range of standard and non-standard baud rates exceeding 921.6 Kbps. These features make the 7106e ideal for data-intensive applications that require reliable, ultra-fast throughput rates.
The electrical interface, echo suppression, and line termination are set via convenient on-board DIP switches, which can be overridden in software. The board’s software selectable Slew Rate Limiting feature minimizes electromagnetic interference where high baud rates are not required. For rapid troubleshooting, onboard LEDs display the board heartbeat, electrical interface selection, and line termination state.
In RS-485 mode, the transmitter is automatically enabled in hardware, eliminating the need for application software control. This allows the 7106e to be used with standard serial communications applications and removes the risk of bus contention and data corruption. In RS-232 mode, all modem control signals are implemented for maximum compatibility with a wide range of serial peripherals.
The Sealevel SeaCOM software driver and utilities make installation and operation easy using Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Case Studies
- Quickstart Guides
- Press Releases
- White Papers