The HUB7SS-BA features a rugged, industrial-grade, metal housing, robust ESD protections, USB 3.1 compliance and backward compatibility with legacy USB data rates. The HUB7SS-BA is designed to meet the advanced requirements for connecting multiple USB peripherals in extreme environments while achieving SuperSpeed operation.
The Rugged SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Hub checks every box for industrial use:
- USB 3.1 compliant, providing up to 5 Gb/s data rate to the host
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature
- Individual port power management
- 15kV ESD protections on USB 3.0 data lines
- 8kV ESD protections on USB 2.0 data lines
- Up to 1500mA available on all ports simultaneously
- Comprehensive input power protections (reverse polarity, voltage surge, overcurrent, under-voltage, over-voltage)
- Includes 2-meter USB 3.0 type A to USB 3.0 type B device cable (Item #CA783)
- Wide operating voltage range (9V-30V)
- Multiple Transaction Translator (MTT) design prevents data rate bottlenecks when legacy USB devices are attached
Charging Downstream Ports
The HUB7SS-BA ships with port 7 configured as a Charging Downstream Port (CDP) capable of supplying up to 2.4A of current to a connected device. The remaining six CDPs supply up to 1500 mA to each connected device. All CDPs are USB Battery Charging Specification BCv1.2 compliant, ideal for charging batteries or powering high-current USB peripherals. The Multiple Transaction Translator (MTT) design prevents speed limitations, enabling multiple high bandwidth devices to operate at SuperSpeed.
Each downstream port has a Bi-Color Status LED that indicates two types of connections:
- USB 3.1/3.0 connection to the host will cause the LED to illuminate GREEN
- USB 2.0/1.1/1.0 connection to the host with cause the LED to illuminate YELLOW
SeaLATCH High-Retention, Locking Connectors
The HUB7SS-BA integrates Sealevel’s SeaLATCH locking USB 3.0 ports, which are fully compatible with standard USB cables. Optional SeaLATCH USB cables provide a secure connection to the device and prevents accidental cable disconnection. The hub’s seven SeaLATCH USB 3.0 type A connectors can secure downstream USB peripherals to the hub in the same way. The ports are compatible with both SeaLATCH USB 3.0 and SeaLATCH USB 2.0 cables.
Easy Installation & Use
Fully Supported in Microsoft Windows 8/10, and backward compatible with Microsoft Windows XP/7, and other USB-aware operating systems. The hub requires no separate drivers and is easy to install.
Industrial Design & Operation
The HUB7SS-BA features a rugged, metal enclosure and can be mounted utilizing the optional DIN Rail Mounting Kit (Item # DR106). Standard operating temperature range is -40°C to 85°C.