How to configure UART-based serial adapters in Linux
All Sealevel UART based serial adapters are known to work out of the box in the following kernel versions:
- 5.8.x and higher
- 5.7.9 and higher
- 5.4.54 and higher (excluding 5.5 – 5.6)
- 4.19.135 and higher (excluding 4.20 – 5.3)
- 4.14.190 and higher (excluding 4.15 – 4.18)
- 3.7.0-rc6 – 4.10.x
There may be some additional configuration required if you are using a kernel version other than those listed above.
- Some kernel versions below 3.7.0-r6 are missing the product and/or vendor ID for some of our devices. These must be manually added for the device to be identified by the kernel. Please reference How to add missing vendor/product IDs for UART-based serial adapters in Linux for more information.
- Kernel versions between 4.11 and 5.7 that are not listed above may be missing a patch that addresses a known issue with the Linux default GPIO configuration provided to our XR17V35X based serial devices. Please reference How to resolve communication issues affecting Sealevel’s XR17V35X based serial devices (7xxxec serial cards, 7106e, Relio R1) for more information.
- Case Studies
- Quickstart Guides
- Press Releases
- White Papers