MIL-STD-1553B Notice 2 Bus Controller, Remote Terminal, Bus monitor with PCI interface IP Core for FPGA and ASIC Devices, Development License, Including 10 Prototype Units
Allows you to easily incorporate robust MIL-STD-1553 functionality into an FPGA or ASIC and connect to your host CPU via a standard PCI bus interface. The BRM1553PCI IP core is suitable for any MIL-STD-1553 implementation. The core incorporates a back end logic that arranges the messages in a predefined memory structure, which simplifies the interface between the MIL-STD-1553 bus and the local CPU. The BRM1553PCI core can act as a full replacement (2nd source) for DDC® Micro-ACE® devices as the data is arranged in the same way and the back-end interface is compatible to PCI.
Back End Interface
Includes DDC® Micro-ACE® interface over PCI, compatible with existing drivers and applications.
• No need to rewrite drivers’ code
• Eliminates replacement risk
The IP core includes a full PCI target interface.
• PCI specification 2.3 compliant
• 33MHz performance (66MHz optional)
• 32 bit data path
• Zero wait states burst mode
• Full target functionality
A small gate count is required from an FPGA device even for complex applications, minimizing cost and the space required on the target board.
The unique Manchester decoder can work with any even clock frequency from 12Mhz and up to reduce clock sources and clock domains onboard (reduces EMI/RFI). Advanced algorithms for filtering out noise and disturbances enable the core to operate in harsh environments.
The BRM1553PCI IP core connects to any standard transceiver-transformer pair. The core was fully validated with a 3rd party dual transceiver.
* DDC®, Mini-ACE®and Micro-ACE® are registered trademarks of Data Device Corporation, Bohemia, NY, USA. There is no affiliation between Data Device Corporation and Sital Technology, Ltd or Sealevel Systems Inc. Sealevel is the licensed partner of Sital Technologies, Kfar-Saba, Israel, for distribution in the United States of Sital MIL-STD-1553 products and IP core products.